[mapserver-users] Get a pixel's RGB by latlon?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Wed Feb 13 04:49:30 EST 2008

Hi, all.
I have a bunch of Mapserver layers, with GeoTIFFs and sometimes
tileindexes as the backend. Given a single layer, I would like to get
the color of the pixel at a given lat/lon.

If anyone has code handy that does this, preferably in either PHP or
Mapserver-via-CGI, I would appreciate it greatly, as it would be a major
time saver.

There seem to be a few methods of doing this, from CGI's mode=query to
MapScript's queryByPoint() but a working example would sure be nice,
since my queries are returning nothing and the Python Mapscript example
on the MS website is apparently for an older version of Mapscript.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA