[mapserver-users] temp files

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Thu Feb 21 09:24:49 EST 2008

Ken,

You can definitely output 24-bit pngs.

The output format page at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/outputformat
appears to be a little out of date.

If you are using MapServer 5.x, take a look at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/agg-rendering-specifics

About the temp files, I don't believe that you create temp files when
MapServer is acting as a WMS server.  (Just like in mode=map).  If
MapServer is acting as a WMS client, it stores a copy of the incoming
image in the tmp folder.  Regardless, if the images aren't being stored
in the directory that you have defined as IMAGEPATH, don't worry about
images hiding in the cooling fins (or the Hello Kitty mouse pad...)

David.