[mapserver-users] ECW Problems

Derek Bain beartreeyoga at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 09:21:36 EDT 2008

Hi
I cannot get ecw files to work in Mapserver. I have updated my map file
(see below).

Is there any configuration that I have to do to enable this or is ecw by
default. I am using ms4w beta 5.2.

My client is WorldWind and I am using the "Import to WMS Url Layer"
option. It would appear that MapServer fails when processing the map
file. Are there any options to set to enable a debug console window when
processing the map file.

I have checked that my ecw file is georeferenced and it is..

Thanks
Derek

   LAYER
       NAME TestECWLayer
       TYPE RASTER
       STATUS ON
       DUMP TRUE
       DATA "C:/Progra~1/ms4w/Apps/All_Data/data/testfile.ecw"
       PROJECTION
           "init=epsg:4326"
       END

       METADATA
           "wms_title"                "TestECWLayer"
           "wms_abstract"            "TestECWLayer abstract goes here ...."
           "wms_srs"                 "EPSG:4326"
           "wms_name"                "TestECWLayer"
           "wms_format"            "image/png image/jpeg"
           "wms_extent"            "-88.9803405 30.2175328  -88.9755868
30.2216604"
           "wms_onlineresource"    "http://localhost:8082/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/Progra~1/ms4w/apps/All_Data/ECW_Test.map"
       END

       CLASS