[mapserver-users] From shapefiles to PostGIS, MAPServer

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Mar 9 11:14:09 EDT 2008

Hi Bruno,
I googled this pages for you :-) :
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/postgis
here is another one: see the PostGIS DB section:
http://umn.mapserver.ch/index_en.php

Note: for views (tables?) you should have one unique column, and use it
in your query using the 'unique'-keyword as shown below (which comes
from a postgis/mapserver/debian cookbook I wrote a couple of days back
http://www.duif.net/postgis ):

   layer
     name 'world'
     metadata
       "wms_title"                     "postgis world"
       "wms_srs"                       "epsg:4326"
     end
     status default
     template "dummy"
     connectiontype postgis
     connection "host=localhost dbname=mygisdb password=**** user=richard"
     data 'the_geom from mygisdb using unique gid using srid=4326'
     type polygon
     class
       color 255 0 0
       outlinecolor 192 192 192