[mapserver-users] Matching .TFW file with EXTENT parameter?

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 02:19:32 EST 2008

I have a map file with following MapExtent parameter:
  EXTENT 106.335006 -6.896956 107.315811 -5.983994

Recently, I got a TIFF file without coordinates. I plan to use the TIFF file with my map. Thus, I'm supposed to create a .TFW file using text editor, am I correct?

Problem is: I'm not sure what parameter to be put in the .TFW file. Here is the parameters I put in my TFW file so far:
      1.000
      0.000
      0.000
     -1.000
    106.335006
     -5.983994

And I failed to show the raster on my map.

Please note that I am merely guessing. It seems that the fifth and the sixth like of the TFW should be the leftmost and rightmost number of my EXTENT parameter, respectively, but I have no idea what the first four lines are for.

Based on EXTENT parameter above, what the correct .TFW values should be? Many thanks,

-Kresh