[mapserver-users] about Obtaing high performance in the map server response

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Nov 6 12:54:13 EST 2008

fsalas wrote:

> I Have the following question, in this moment i have been working with
> three layers but when i use the zoom or other tools , this operation is
> very slow, my computer have a high performance
>
> What can i do for Obtaining high performance in the map server response

There is a FAQ on performance IIRC.

You need to explain more about your configuration.

Show your mapfile.
Are you working with shapefiles, postgres, raster, vector, etc ...
How big are your files?
Have you turned on

DEBUG 5
CONFIG MS_ERRORFILE "stderr"

and looked at your apache error_log for each request? This should tell
you how much time each layer takes to draw so you can see WHAT is slow?

Give us some more info and we might be able to help you.

-Stephen Woodbridge
  http://imaptools.com/