[mapserver-users] How to set SCALEBAR size and intervals in MapServer CGI >5.0?

Venkat Rao Tammineni vtammineni at roulacglobal.com
Tue Nov 11 22:40:54 EST 2008

HI,

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/scalebar/?searchterm=sca
lebar

check above url.
Thanks,
Venkat

-----Original Message-----
From: mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of John Maurer
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:50 AM
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapserver-users] How to set SCALEBAR size and intervals in
MapServer CGI >5.0?

Dear MapServer Users,
Prior to MapServer 5.0, I could set the map scalebar size and intervals
using CGI variables named "map_scalebar_size" and
"map_scalebar_intervals". After upgrading to 5.2.0, however, these
variables are no longer recognized; I get an error saying
"loadScalebar(): Unknown identifier". Is it true that we can no longer
reference map settings in this fashion? When I change these variables to
"map_scalebar=size+value+intervals+value" it works, but this no longer
fills in my template variables [map_scalebar_size] and
[map_scalebar_intervals]. If I try using a template variable with
[map_scalebar] instead, the value (e.g.
"size+width+height+intervals+value") doesn't seem to be interpreted by
MapServer since the scalebar settings never get subsequently modified.
What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for any insights!
Cheers,

--
John Maurer
Web/Database Applications Engineer