[mapserver-users] dBox - Hide mapfile source

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Nov 12 22:17:43 EST 2008

Easiest way is to use an environment variable in your web server. In Apache you just do:

  SetEnv RockMSMap //someserver/somehiddenshare$/webapps/RockMS.map

and then in javascript:

  config.mapfile = 'RockMSMap'

Not sure how you'd do that with IIS but I imagine it's possible.

Steve

>>> "Richard Polk" <Richard.Polk at state.tn.us> 11/12/08 4:52 PM >>>
I am looking for some help in how to hide the map file source in a dBox application.  My environment is IIS 6 on Win Server 2003 with
Python mapscript using Mapserver 5.0.2.  I am accessing my dBox source files from a network file server.

In my application html, my config.mapfile variable is set something like this:

config.mapfile = '//someserver/somehiddenshare$/webapps/RockMS.map';

When a user views the web page source code in the browser, the file server name and path are exposed which I do not want.  I have seen references to CGI wrappers but can't
see how they apply to dBox applications.

Thanks