[mapserver-users] FW: Mapserver 5.2 build for ArcSDE 9.1

Douville, Michelle R ILMB:EX Michelle.Douville at gov.bc.ca
Thu Nov 13 18:07:21 EST 2008

Mapserver 5.2 build for ArcSDE 9.1 point layers

I am having an issue with ArcSDE 9.1 SP3 point layers and Mapserver 5.2.
I took a .map file that works in mapserver 4.10 and since it didn't work
with point data, I have gone ahead and tried to tweak a simple point
layer to try and figure out what it doesn't like.. I have tried most of
the things listed here
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/arcsde

- Adding the sde.default didn't seem to make a difference.
- using or not using attribute data to label seems to not affect the
outcome. I have tried with and without a template reference.
- I have tried
CONNECTION
slkux1.env.gov.bc.ca,port:5153,sde,proxy_mapserver_dev,password" (which
works with lines and polygons)
CONNECTION "slkux1.env.gov.bc.ca,5153,sde,proxy_mapserver_dev, password"
CONNECTION
"slkux1.env.gov.bc.ca,port,5153,sde,proxy_mapserver_dev,password"
CONNECTION
"slkux1.env.gov.bc.ca,port:5153,idwprod1,proxy_mapserver_dev,password"
CONNECTION
"slkux1.env.gov.bc.ca,port:5153,,proxy_mapserver_dev,password"
CONNECTION
"slkux1.env.gov.bc.ca,port:5153,sde,PROXY_MAPSERVER_DEV,password"
- I have tested with and without labelitem to no affect.

- invalid or null geometries in the layer: I could check that there are
no invalid or null geometries for one point layer. But I find it odd
that all point layers failed, while all line/polygon layers passed. And
no other applications that use these layers complain (ie. ArcIMS,
Geoserver)

Attached is the latest debug 5 result as well.
ArcSDE INFO - idwprod1
   Solaris 64bit
   RDBMS Version - 10.2.0.2
   RDBMS Edition EE
   ArcSDE Version 9.1
   ArcSDE patch level SP3

E:\sw_nt\mapserver520>mapserv -v
MapServer version 5.2.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG
 SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORT
S=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI
SUPPORTS=T
HREADS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SDE INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPE
FILE

Many thanks for all your help,
Michelle