[mapserver-users] ms4w (fastcgi) and oracle 10?

zach cruise zachc1980 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 17:56:03 EST 2008

looks like mod_fastcgi is not an option with ms4w and oracle 10.
anyway it had little benefits.

i now got mapserver 5.2 and 4.8:
i thought 5.2 had native built-in support for oracle 10, but it is
giving me "OracleSpatial is not supported" error. i also thought 4.8
could get ogr support for oracle 10 by following the steps on
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#oracle-10g.
4.8 connects, but returns multiple ORA-xxxx errors.

so:
do i have to install oracle 10 client locally and make changes to
httpd.conf for 5.2 to work?
how do i find correct srid for 4.8 to work? (DATA "GEOMETRY from
(select GEOMETRY from STATES where NAME = 'New York')")
any performance difference between native built-in and ogr supports?