Fwd: [mapserver-users] Failed to show Arabic labels with MapServer 5.2

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Nov 18 21:08:53 EST 2008

OK, this is great. I think I learned something new then.
With ANGLE AUTO you can ask GD to draw the whole string at the specified
angle. But there is not equivalent function in GD for ANGLE FOLLOW. The
only way we can do that is one character at a time, changing the
insertion point and angle of each character.

I know Thomas has put a lot of effort into make the AGG render well
integrated with mapserver. It would probably be a good idea to document
this issue and the fact that the outlinecolor is what is causing in a
bug. http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/  If you do not have an OSGeo
userid, follow the link to get one first.

Thank you for your patience and Thank you, Tanya, for your excellent
observations on this issue.

-Steve W