[mapserver-users] boundingboxes

Bob Basques bob.b at gritechnologies.com
Mon Nov 24 09:33:57 EST 2008

An idea . . .

Sort the database return by the area of the BBOX, with smallest area
first, the first row returned with be the smallest, reverse the sort for
the largest BBOX.

If you are using a Imagemap in the client, the sorting still matter,
since you can effectively stack the output of the imagemap in the same
way.  The first item in the imagemap stacking that satisfies the browser
will be read and displayed.

bobb