[mapserver-users] Re: [FWTools] Can someone help test a potential bug for me?

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Mon Oct 27 19:58:46 EDT 2008

Roger,

Yes, I can replicate the 'edge' effect you describe in Mapnik as well,
by either viewing a TileCache Mapnik layer in OL or specifically
requesting of mapnik (using nik2img) the BBOX that tilecache requests.

The lines (actually missing pixel rows it seems) appear on the bottom
edge of tile where the raster data is unrendered but not where vector
data is effectively rendered.

These two bbox's trigger a one-pixel red line(where the raster file is
not rendered) at the bottom of the image:

1) -20037508.34,10018754.17,-10018754.17,20037508.34
2) -20037508.34,0.0,0.0,20037508.34

...when requested as 256x256 tiles, while requesting a 255,256 tile
will clip off the missing pixel row.

Sample image attached (not the upper red band is truly lacking data
while the single pixel row on the bottom is the un-rendered data)

Dane