[mapserver-users] Elevation-like map

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 22:31:46 EDT 2009

What information does your shapefile contain, elevation points? If so, and
if they are regularly spaced, you can probably use the GMT utility xyz2grd,
http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/gmt/doc/gmt/html/man/xyz2grd.html.  Otherwise
you will need to interpolate the points into a regular grid, and my only
experience doing this is with ArcGIS's Spatial Analyst.  I would imagine
GRASS has similar capability though.  I'd be curious to hear other
suggestions as well.

Roger