[mapserver-users] application\vnd.ogc.se_inimage format

Piebe de Vries piebe.de.vries at geodan.nl
Mon Feb 2 09:22:34 EST 2009

hi,

I configured a layer to return png only. When my application  does a
getMap request (using format=image/png) a png picture is returned.
Everything fine so far. However if an error occurs the same request
(using exceptions=application\vnd.ogc.se_inimage) returns a gif picture.
And my application is not very happy with that...(also the wms standards
specifies that the image returned should be the one asked in the format
parameter)

I am using mapserver 5.2.1 Can anybody confirm this behavior?

Thanks,
 Piebe

--
  Piebe de Vries		  piebe.de.vries at geodan.nl
  Geodan IT b.v.		  Tel: +31 (0)73 - 6925 151
  President Kennedylaan 1	  Fax: +31 (0)73 - 5711 333
  1079 MB Amsterdam (NL)	  http://www.geodan.nl