[mapserver-users] Build Errors; Currently "msLoadMap(): Unknown identifier. First token must be MAP, this doesn't look like a mapfile. "

Richard Marsden winwaed at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 10:57:15 EST 2009

Thanks David & Michael,

I already had the extra "END" at the end of my map files.  It was the
initial "MAP" which I was missing (probably because I created these files
initially from Bill Kropla's book - and that how he has coded his map
files).

Adding the initial "MAP" fixed all my map applications - they're now all
back to normal.

It turns out my "back to basics" Hello World made the problem more involved
as there are other template-related changes, and my actual map applications
work as WMS servers rather than map templates.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

Richard