[mapserver-users] WMS in Google Earth

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Oct 1 15:53:02 EDT 2009

Depends on the version of MapServer. Certain versions required required
(yes that's
correct) parameters according to the WMS specification. I recall
requiring "style" for
example. Problem is that not all clients follow the spec and Google
Earth was one
example and manually adding "&style=" to the WMS url fixed things.
Subsequently
we've backed off the required params in a few cases when a major WMS
client
breaks.

Of course with Google Earth you need to support epsg:4326 as an output
projection
explicitly as well. Posting version info and mapfile snippets always
helps folks respond.

Steve

>>> Edmar Moretti <edmar.moretti at terra.com.br> 09/29/09 8:56 PM >>>
Here's an example that uses Mapserver to generate layers in google earth

(i3geo software - http://mapas.mma.gov.br):

http://mapas.mma.gov.br/i3geo/kml.php

Use the link in the "network link" (link de rede) option.

http://ecp.terra.com.br/cgi-bin/reportspam.cgi?+_d=SCY1NDIyNDE3I3Blcm0hdGVycmEmMSwxMjU0MjM1MzYyLjU1NzEzNy4xNzc2Ny5nYW5hbm9xdWUudGVycmEuY29tLDM3NDk=TerraMail

--
Por favor, atualize sua lista de contatos com meu novo e-mail:

edmar.moretti at terra.com.br

Skype: edmar.moretti

Blog: http://edmarmoretti.blogspot.com/

Ohloh: https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/edmarmoretti