[mapserver-users] Could someone help me on deploy mapserver on a hosting space?

Liangxiong Zhu zhuliangxiong at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 12 11:57:03 EDT 2009

Hi there,
I am  a newbie on mapserver. And now i get a task to deploy a mapserver on a hosting space. It is impossible to compile and install libraries on that server. so is there any precompiled libraries and executable files that only need to be copied to cgi_bin and then are useable to start a new map server instance?

the server is a linux. details are following:
a.. Operating System : Linux
a.. Server : Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8k DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

  a.. GD Version : bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
  b.. FreeType Support : Yes
  c.. FreeType Linkage : with freetype
  d.. T1Lib Support : No
  e.. GIF Read Support : Yes
  f.. GIF Create Support : Yes
  g.. JPG Support : Yes
  h.. PNG Support : Yes
  i.. WBMP Support : Yes
  j.. XPM Support : Yes
  k.. XBM Support : Yes
  l.. JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support : No

any experience on this topic is helpful to me!

Regards,
Liangxiong zhu