[mapserver-users] Pls help!! Mapinfo Tab Objects and Symbols

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Oct 13 09:56:11 EDT 2009

ibrahimsaricicek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a tab file including points and lines joint to points. With ogr2ogr
> i've converted those to postgis as "GEOMETRY" type.
>
> How can i show them on mapserver as it's seen on Mapinfo. I've added a
> screenshot of 2 objects on Mapinfo with symbols.

Can you keep the files in TAB format? If yes then using "CONNECTIONTYPE
OGR" with "STYLEITEM AUTO" would save you lots of trouble. See:

http://mapserver.org/input/vector/ogr.html#styleitem-auto-rendering-layers-using-style-information-from-the-ogr-file

Note that fancy line leads on text objects may not be fully supported,
but in general most of the MapInfo symbology automatically.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/