[mapserver-users] msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 13

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Tue Oct 13 01:42:06 EDT 2009

Hmm, any idea on this one? How can I find out if proj is trying to read
the epsg file? I'm thinking of using strace to see what files it tries
to open, but I don't know what syntax to use to try to project from 4326
to 900913...

Adrian Popa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your answers.
>
> I had already included the google EPSG in the proj main file:
> [root at terra map]# cat /usr/share/proj/epsg | grep 900913
> <900913> +proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0
> +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0 +k=1.0 +units=m +nadgrids=@null +no_defs
>
> I have added "wms_srs" "EPSG:900913 EPSG:4326" to my map file, but the
> GetMap request fails for both SRS 900913 and SRS 4326 with the same
> error message.
>
> My linux version is Fedora Core 5. I'm not sure if the location of
> the  epsg is correct, but it works ok with openlayers (running on the
> same server).
>
> Regards,
> Adrian
>
> Milo van der Linden wrote:
>> Hello Adrian,
>>
>> Change the METADATA section of your mapfile from:
>>
>> "wms_srs" "EPSG:900913"

>> "wms_srs" "EPSG:900913 EPSG:4326 EPSG:<whatever projections you want to
>> expose>"
>>
>> the wms_srs parameter for the MAP is a collection of space separated
>> EPSG codes that tells the wms-server what projections it supports.
>> Please use this space seperated list ONLY at the MAP section, when in
>> Layers, wms_srs needs to be a single EPSG-code that is native to the
>> particular layer
>>

>> Good luck!
>>
>> Milo van der Linden
>>

>> Adrian Popa schreef:
>>
>>> Hello all!
>>>
>>> I'm trying to convert my regular MAP file to be WMS compliant and to
>>> be able to get the contents through WMS requests. I am following the
>>> tutorial here: http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html.
>>>
>>> The GetCapabilities request works:
>>> http://terra/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/map/rtc_base.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
>>>

>>> The GetMap request fails:
>>> http://terra/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/map/rtc_base.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=GranitaJudete&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG:4326
>>>

>>> The output returned is:
>>> <?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
>>> <!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
>>> "http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd">
>>> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
>>> <ServiceException>
>>> msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list,
>>> errno: 13
>>>
>>> </ServiceException>
>>> </ServiceExceptionReport>
>>>

>>> The Map file has the following definitions:
>>> MAP
>>> WEB
>>>   METADATA
>>>      "wms_title" "Basic Map"
>>>    "wms_attribution_title" "Basic Map"
>>>    "wms_srs" "EPSG:900913"
>>>   END
>>>  END
>>>
>>> PROJECTION
>>>    #spherical mercator/google
>>>     "+proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0
> [...]

---
Adrian Popa
NOC Division
Network Engineer
Divizia Centrul National de Operare Retea
Departament Transport IP & Metro
Compartiment IP Core & Backbone
Phone: +40 21 400 3099