[mapserver-users] Control access to WMS

Martin Kofahl m.kofahl at gmx.net
Tue Oct 13 16:19:57 EDT 2009

WSS/WAS requires authentication. I wonder if and which http_referer
header is usually sent to the server when using openlayers. You could
check if this header either contains the url where your site runs or if
it is empty/not set for clients not sending this header. This can be
realized in the apache configuration or a wrapper. Not 100% secure but
helps to avoid the use of your WMS on other public sites.

Martin