[mapserver-users] google-earth display layers with rasterimages skewed

Kai Hinkelmann, e+h internet dienste khinkelmann at e-h.de
Tue Oct 13 17:04:42 EDT 2009

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to display georeferenced rasterimages with the mapserver.
Everything works great if I import the layer in Quantum GIS (for example)
but when I try to display the layer in Google Earth (my "real" target) it
is shrunken in both directions - more in X, less in Y.

Obviously GE interprets and displays the image in an unexpected and imho
wrong way - but which way? And can I prevent this problem?

For your information:

This is the (reduced) mapfile:

MAP
	SIZE 640 480
	EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
	IMAGETYPE png
	UNITS DD

	PROJECTION
		"init=epsg:4326"
	END

	LAYER
		NAME BPlan
		TYPE raster
		DATA "fehmarn.png"
		PROCESSING "RESAMPLE=NEAREST"
		PROCESSING "DITHER=YES"
	END
END

This ist the worldfile:

0.00000231487241061
0.00000000000000000
0.00000000000000000
-0.00000231487241061
11.01440477318467600
54.49298301969582100

And this is the URL:

http://85.214.112.185/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe, reduced to two layers - the
mentioned one and a testlayer with the well known countryborders.

Thanks in progress

Kai