[mapserver-users] Making labels appear less often on adjacent tiles

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Wed Oct 14 07:29:13 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm sure this subject has been discussed before, but I wasn't able to
find relevant information so far, so please point me in the right
direction please.

I have switched to WMS and I am now getting several tiles from my
mapserver for one request (this is desired) (actually there are multiple
WMS requests for a specific area). I have no label clipping issues, so
that's fine also. The thing is, for example, if I zoom over a town and
the town is split between several tiles, I will get a label on each tile
for the town name. Previously, when I was requesting a large tile from
my mapserver (single-tile), this wouldn't happen.

I don't want to set the label to "not be visible" below a certain
resolution, because that way I wouldn't get any labels below a point.

So, my question is: Is it possible to show the label only once per
feature, not once per request? My guess is not (because I wouldn't know
how to implement it), but I'm curious if there's a solution...

Regards,
Adrian

--
---