[mapserver-users] mapserver produces interlaced PNGs even if I configured the map to output noninterlaced PNGs

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Wed Oct 14 09:46:55 EDT 2009

Hmm,
I did that, and kept the same query parameters and I get this error:

msPostMapParseOutputFormatSetup(): General error message. Unable to
select IMAGETYPE `agg'.

So, it seems that imagetype is useful after all.

Guillaume Sueur wrote:
> hi,
>
> rename your OUTPUTFORMAT to 'PNG' for it to be used when asking for png
> format.
>
> Guillaume
>
> Le mercredi 14 octobre 2009 à 16:36 +0300, Adrian Popa a écrit :
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> My goal is to setup tilecache (which is proving to be a real pain),
>> and so far I've noticed that even if I configured my map to generate
>> noninterlaced PNGs (instructions here:
>> http://www.mapserver.org/faq.html#why-doesn-t-pil-python-imaging-library-open-my-pngs), it still generates interlaced PNGs.
>>
>> Here is my outputformat (the only one defined) in my map:
>> OUTPUTFORMAT
>>     NAME 'AGG'
>>     DRIVER AGG/PNG
>>     IMAGEMODE RGBA
>>     TRANSPARENT ON
>>     FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"
>> END
>>
>> The parameters that get sent to my mapserver instance are:
>> BBOX
>> 2896046.12635,5831228.011975,2935181.884825,5870363.77045
>> EXCEPTIONS
>> application/vnd.ogc.se_inimage
>> FORMAT
>> png
>> HEIGHT
>> 256
>> LAYERS
>> Judete,RuralSate,Rural,Urban,roads,roads-buc,buildings,GranitaJudete
>> MAP
>> /var/www/html/map/rtc_base.map
>> MAP_IMAGETYPE
>> agg
>> MAXEXTENT
>> left-bottom=(20.26,43.16)
>> right-top=(29.7,48.46)
>> MAXRESOLUTION
>> 156543
>> REQUEST
>> GetMap
>> SERVICE
>> WMS
>> SRS
>> EPSG:900913
>> STYLES
>>

>> TRANSITIONEFFECT
>> resize
>> TRANSPARENT
>> false
>> UNITS
>> VERSION
>> 1.1.1
>> WIDTH
>> 256
>>
>> I'm not sure if MAP_IMAGETYPE=agg is the one which selects the
>> outputformat or not, but the map seems to be rendered with AGG (I
>> could be wrong, of course).
>>
>> So, what am I missing here? Is there another parameter that should be
>> sent to mapserver to select the outputformat?
>>
>> By the way, the image file generated has these properties: img.png:
>> PNG image, 256 x 256, 8-bit colormap, interlaced
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Adrian

---
Adrian Popa
NOC Division
Network Engineer
Divizia Centrul National de Operare Retea
Departament Transport IP & Metro
Compartiment IP Core & Backbone
Phone: +40 21 400 3099