[mapserver-users] Problem with libjpeg

Alan Hale alan.hale at btclick.com
Mon Oct 19 03:59:15 EDT 2009

Hi

I had successfully compiled and installed Mapserver recently but when I
tried to run the Itasca demo I realised I had ommitted to configure with
gdal. So I untarred fresh source files and ran a new configure, this
time with gdal, thus:

 ./configure --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-httpd=/usr/sbin/httpd
--with-wfsclient --with-wmsclient --enable-debug
--with-curl-config=/usr/local/bin/curl-config --with-proj=/usr/local
--with-tiff --with-gd=/usr/local/ --with-jpeg
--with-freetype=/usr/local/lib/ --with-threads --with-php=/usr/include/php

The configure seemed to go OK but after doing make I tried to rum
mapserv from the command line (./mapserv) and got the error:

error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.7: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

When I check config.log it says "using libjpeg from system libs."

I then ran config again giving a path to where I know libjpeg.so resides
I got "Could not find jpeglib.h or libjpeg.a/libjpeg.so/libjpeg.dylib in
/usr/local/lib/."  .... "using libjpeg from system libs."

Could someone kindly explain what is going on here? Many thanks.

Alan

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4520 (20091018) __________

http://www.eset.com