[mapserver-users] Lost WMS layer in URL

Ruby minerdiggins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:17:19 EDT 2009

Greetings,
I sent a query to the list about a week ago and received no reply. Perhaps
it was a bad day. I am still struggling with this problem and have had no
progress. I have searched the documentation and I am still clueless. Perhaps
some kind soul could give me some guidance?

I am running mapserver 5.2 on a local machine with local data with the
exception of one non local WMS layer. I have a print template that is called
by javascript with the following URL:

http:/localhost:8888/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=[map]&mapext=[mapext]&layers=[layers]&map_web=TEMPLATE+pgs/print.html&mapsize=1500+1182

The page produced is a larger version of the current map. Everything works
fine but the single WMS layer. It does not display in the print template and
my debug file shows it is not being called. As the print.html is filled from
the above URL call is there some way to modify this URL to call this WMS
layer when it's value is 'checked'?

Any help would be much appreciated.

bean