[mapserver-users] use of srsName in wfs 1.1

Martin Kofahl M.Kofahl at gmx.net
Wed Oct 21 02:21:34 EDT 2009

Jukka,
you're right - EPSG should be upper case. I wanted to address two different things in my last post: use of srs in the bbox parameter in GET requests (now traced as #3183, thanks Assefa) and the ability to define a output srs (which is not implemented as far I can see).

My map and layer projections are defined as EPSG:31468. Defining a srsName in get or post requests ...

http://.../mapserv56b4?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&TYPENAME=test&srsName=EPSG:4326

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<wfs:GetFeature
	service="WFS"
	version="1.1.0"
	outputFormat="text/xml; subtype=gml/3.1.1"
	srsName='EPSG:4326'
	xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"
	xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
	xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs ../wfs/1.1.0/WFS.xsd">
<wfs:Query typeName="test"></wfs:Query>
</wfs:GetFeature>

... leads to "msWFSGetFeature(): WFS server error. Invalid GetFeature Request: SRSNAME value should be valid for all the TYPENAMES. Please check the capabilities and reformulate your request." Having the capabilities in mind it's correct as there are no <OtherSRS> listed. But it would be a very useful feature I think and I wonder if there are plans to implement it.

Only for testing purposes, I did modify map->projection right before calling msGMLWriteWFSQuery() and I think there are only litte changes required.

Martin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------