[mapserver-users] legend and encoding problems

王连波 happyforev1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:49:59 EDT 2009

hi all,

    I use ka-map to display my map produced from mapserver. In my mapfile I
have defined eight layers in four groups. I can control which layer to be
displayed by choosing its check-box, however, when I choose a new layer,
layers before it will be covered. What I really want to do is that all
chosen layers will be displayed , how can I make that true. If I define
LEGEND in mapfile, is it's label the name of class in individual layer, may
I define its label content by myself (i.e. use Chinese)?
    Another problem is about Chinese character or Encoding. If I name the
group with Chinese (UTF-8 encoding) in mapfile there will be parsing errors,
does not MapServer support Chinese in mapfile, any suggestions about it ?
    Thank you very much in advance!

--
天道酬勤