[mapserver-users] SQL Server 2008 and WFS Service

geographika geographika at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 16:01:27 EDT 2010

  On 24/07/2010 23:25, Tamas Szekeres wrote:

> 2010/7/24 geographika <geographika at gmail.com
> <mailto:geographika at gmail.com>>
>

>     Has anyone successfully created a WFS service using the SQL Server
>     2008 plug in?
>
>     I followed the steps at http://mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html,
>     and get no errors when running a
>     SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=getcapabilities request.
>
>     However when trying to retrieve the features using a feature
>     request
>     (&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=getfeature&TYPENAME=RoadsWFS)
>     I don't get any GML. There are no errors in the MapServer log
>     file. I don't believe this GET request requires a proxy and I get
>     the same result on the server itself.
>
>     I ran SQL Server profiler and the results and geometry are being
>     correctly queried from the database. A shortened version of the
>     SQL is below (several attributes removed):
>
>     SELECT convert(varchar(max),
>     RoadID),GEOM.STAsBinary(),convert(varchar(20), ROADID) from
>     RoadNetwork2 WHERE
>     GEOM.STIntersects(Geometry::STGeomFromText('POLYGON((-710069
>     7038976,-683731 7038976,-683731 7059350,-710069 7059350,-710069
>     7038976))',3785)) = 1
>
>     I think there may be an issue due to none of the columns having names.
>

> Hi
>
> I've just tried with the recent version of the mssql2008 driver and it
> works for me. Which mapserver version are you testing with?
> I would recommend to do a test with one of the daily build packages
> from: http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/
>
> If your problem still persists, feel free to open a ticket, attach
> your mapfile, sample requests and test data (ie. a shapefile) to be
> uploaded to the mssql2008 server.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tamas

Thanks Tamas for your reply.
I am currently using a 5.6.1 build (x64) of MapServer taken from your
site - thanks also for this vital site.
I will start to try and recreate the issue from the simplest data and
map file as possible, but I just wanted to check that the issue is not
due to the SQL statement not having alias names.
When you run your requests do the columns have names? When I run the SQL
in the management studio all fields are titled (No Column Name). However
the correct data and geometry is returned.
In my METADATA for the layer I've tried using

"gml_include_items" "all"
and also setting alias names for fields e.g.
"gml_RoadID_alias"  "OID" but with no luck.

Regards,

Seth

http://geographika.co.uk