[mapserver-users] Mapserver 6.0.0 beta4 mapscript layer.getFeature missing?

francesco francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Sat Apr 2 04:52:39 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,
Thanks to mapserver developers/users for their time to help out on this
list.
I am trying out the new Mapserver 6.0.0, compiled it for windows and now
I am testing it.
Came across the following problem:
on mapscript I cannot call the "getFeature($i)" function; I get the
following message
/Call to undefined method layerObj::getFeature() /

The migration guide reads:
/layer.getShape(int tileindex, int shapeindex)) has been deprecated and
renamed to layer.getFeature(int shapeindex [, int tileindex = -1]) to
match the SWIG MapScript equivalent./

But it seems that function does not exist! :-)

Am I missing out on something?

Cheers,
*Francesco Pirotti*
Dep. TESAF
CIRGEO -- Interdepartmental Research Center on Cartography Photogrammetry
Remote Sensing and G.I.S.
University of Padova
Web: http://www.cirgeo.unipd.it/cirgeo/francescopirotti.htm
Email: francesco.pirotti at unipd.it <mailto:francesco.pirotti at unipd.it>