[mapserver-users] how do min/max scale filters work?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Apr 6 12:14:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

I would first change the layer to have STATUS ON. Now you are giving ambiguous instructions "draw layer always" and "draw just at this scale range". It may be something else, though, but it does not cost much to try.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

PixelPusher wrote:

> I've got a simple thing in a MapServer page that doesn't want to work. There is a layer in my map that I only want displayed if the scale of the view is between 1:24000 and 1:100000. However, I've had no luck using the MAXSCALEDENOM and MINSCALEDENOM keywords. As configured below, the layer never draws, regardless of the scale. The layer draws correctly if I comment out the scale tests. Can anyone show me the correct way to use this?

The relevant section of the mapfile looks like this:

    LAYER
        NAME "BTSroads_local_PostGIS"
        TYPE LINE
        STATUS DEFAULT
        MAXSCALEDENOM 100000
        MINSCALEDENOM 24000
        CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
        CONNECTION "dbname=mapserver user=uuuu password=pppp port=5432"
        DATA "wkb_geometry from btsroads using unique ogc_fid using srid=4269"
        FILTER "fcc LIKE 'A4%'"
        CLASS
            NAME "Local Roads"
            STYLE