[mapserver-users] msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no options in 'init' file

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Apr 14 14:03:05 EDT 2011

On 11-04-14 2:42 PM, myOpenLayersUName wrote:
> We are trying to deploy a WMS to production that we have working in a
> development environment. When I try to do a getCapabilities request in the
> prod environment, I get the message provided in the subject above.
>
> I looked at the documentation for this error message at
> http://mapserver.org/errors.html. It tells me:
> "The message tells you that the projection you’re trying to use isn’t
> defined in the epsg file. Open your epsg file in a text editor and search
> for your projection to make sure that it exists."
>
> I have checked the epsg file in the prodution environment and the projection
> I am asking for is included. Further, I have run a file comparison on the
> epsg file in dev and the one in prod and they are the same.
>
> Does anyone know of other reasons MapServer could be unable to find the
> projection definition?

I hit that often when moving from a dev-Windows machine to a client's
production-Unix machine.  It could be a case issue in your mapfile
("init=epsg:3978" versus the incorrect "init=EPSG:3978"), which is
documented in the "Important Notes" section of
http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/projection.html

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna