[mapserver-users] Yet another Dynamic WMS server question

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Tue Apr 19 17:11:01 EDT 2011

Similar to the type of thing I'm doing in:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Changing-map-file-parameter-Label-Color-via-URL-td5771138.html

We have a dynamic map file that we use to display a number of dynamically
generated pieces of information. Currently, the Map file has a projection
defined and, as long as we're working with data that is in that projection,
all is well.

However, sometimes we're working with data in a different projection, so my
question is whether it is possible to tell MapServer what the projection of
the data is in within the WMS request also?

So, given a URL like this:
http://<domain>/dynamicWms_en?map.layer[mylayer]=DATA+'path2/shapefile'+END&LAYERS=mylayer&FORMAT=image/png&SRS=EPSG:2957&...

I'd like to introduce something like: "map.projection='init%22epsg:2957'" to
indicate what projection the data the map file is pointing to is in that
projection.

Is that even possible? And, if yes, can anyone give me an idea what the
syntax is because I've been trying and can't get it to work.