[mapserver-users] SLD support: Anyone for fixing 5 yr old tickets?

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 20 09:47:45 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I have updated both  issues in trac. It would be good if you could add
yourself in cc in the bugs and comment on them.
I agree that #1166 is still relevant and could be fixed for 6.2.  I am
not sure if #1602 is something that needs to be done and fits the way
the specs describe sld and wms.

best regards,

On 15/04/2011 9:39 AM, Hollingbery, Julian wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have just joined the list for the following reason: We have been
> running SLD-enabled WMS services for some years now, on a closed
> source platform. For that, and several other reasons, we are now
> looking at using MapServer as a replacement. I have compared our
> existing platform and MapServer 5.6.6, and have noticed a couple of
> incompatibilities. After having looked around, I find that both of
> these issues exist as old tickets:
>
> _http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/1602_
> _http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/1166_
>
> We do not have the developer resources to provide patches, so I am
> looking for someone to do it for us. Our migration is organized as a
> project, for which we have some funds. Therefore, I am looking for
> someone who would be willing to provide me with an estimate of what it
> would cost (time and/or money) to come up with a patch.
>
> Regarding #1602, what I would like to achieve is to highlight an
> object given by a ogc:Filter, while rendering the remaining objects in
> that layer in the default style. I could of course use an ElseFilter,
> but since this is a question of providing backward compatibility, I'd
> prefer not to. It is not exactly the same thing as in #1602, but it
> seems to me that it might be the same fix.
>
> My particular SLD looks something like this:
>
> <StyledLayerDescriptor version="1.0.0"
> xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/sld"
> xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc">
> <NamedLayer>
> <Name>Jordstykke</Name>
> <UserStyle>
> <FeatureTypeStyle>
> <Rule>
> <ogc:Filter>
> <And>
> <ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
> <ogc:PropertyName>landsejerlavskode</ogc:PropertyName>
> <ogc:Literal>90552</ogc:Literal>
> </ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
> <ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
> <ogc:PropertyName>matrikelnummer</ogc:PropertyName>
> <ogc:Literal>7fv</ogc:Literal>
> </ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
> </And>
> </ogc:Filter>
> <PolygonSymbolizer>
> <Fill>
> <CssParameter name="fill">#0000FF</CssParameter>
> <CssParameter name="fill-opacity">1</CssParameter>
> </Fill>
> <Stroke>
> <CssParameter name="stroke">#FF0000</CssParameter>
> <CssParameter name="stroke-width">3</CssParameter>
> </Stroke>
> </PolygonSymbolizer>
> </Rule>
> </FeatureTypeStyle>

> [...]