[mapserver-users] relative path for .map file inside a WMS url

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:59:12 EDT 2011

Actually, you can also do this with an apache rewrite rule, I've just
tested it and it seems to work quite well !

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/wms/(.*) /cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/datadir/$1.map [PT,QSA]

it will translate requests that are like /wms/carto to
/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/datadir/carto.map , along with the  query
string.

regards,
thomas