[mapserver-users] JPG Tile index in mapserver v5.6.3

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Apr 28 07:54:18 EDT 2011

Hi,

Without doing any reading I would suggest first to try what happens if you rename the world files into .wld.

Another thing is that you should not really use jpeg images. Use jpeg compresses tiff files instead.
Read http://gdal.org/frmt_gtiff.html
Remember -co COMPRESS=JPEG and -co PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR
Read http://gdal.org/gdaladdo.html
Remember gdaladdo --config COMPRESS_OVERVIEW JPEG --config PHOTOMETRIC_OVERVIEW YCBCR

The result will use about as much disk space as ECW and it will be a little bit faster.

I have understood that it is no more allowed to even read ECW images as source with a server application without a license from ERDAS and it is rather expensive, close to the price of the whole ERDAS Apollo.

-Jukka Rahkonen-