[mapserver-users] wrong tileindex path make mapserver 6 crash

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Tue Aug 30 06:40:13 EDT 2011

hello
Im just wondering if it was normal for mapserver 6 to crash instead of
returning an error message if a tileindex path was incorrect for a
raster layer ?

Im using 6.0.0-1

I have a raster layer using a tileindex (ortho/ortho.*):

     LAYER
         NAME 'ortho'
         TYPE RASTER
         STATUS ON
         TILEINDEX "ortho/ortho"
         TILEITEM "LOCATION"
     END

at first the TILEINDEX was wrong set to "ortho", so effectively pointing
to the folder instead of the files, which is of course wrong, but I
would have expected an error message, not a crash.

all I have in my error log is:
mod_fcgid: error reading data, FastCGI server closed connection
Premature end of script headers: mapserv

I tried to turn on the debug with:
     CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/tmp/ms_error.txt"
     DEBUG 5
     CONFIG "CPL_DEBUG" "ON"

but ms_error.txt is empty

is there any way to be able to obtain some error message which may help
knowing where the error is?
would this problem be fixed in 6.0.1?

thanks in advance
best regards