[mapserver-users] size of legend icon for pixmap-type classes

NASUNO Isao isao.nasuno at ctc-g.co.jp
Tue Feb 8 03:42:23 EST 2011

Hello all,

I'm trying to make mapfile which includes polygon layer
with pixmap-type symbol classes.

The symbols are defined like ...
---------------------
SYMBOL
    NAME "symbol1"
    TYPE pixmap
    image /somewhere/symbol1.gif
    transparent 1
END
---------------------

The polygon layer with pixmap is drawn perfectly by map mode,
however in legend mode (mode=legend), the icons drawn like line layer.
How do I say... it seems that mapserver draws icon for line ( /\/ )
like ArcMap's line layer using "brush" of the gif image.

I defined the layer certainly as "type polygon".

---------------------
  layer
   name "jimon"
   connectiontype postgis
   connection "user=db password=xxxxxxx dbname=DB host=localhost port=5432"
   data "the_geom from polygon"
   status on
   type polygon
   classitem "id"
   projection
    "init=epsg:4326"
   end

   class
    name "pattern1 "
    expression "1"
    style
      symbol "symbol1"
    end
   end
  end

What I want is normal rectangle-shaped icons filled up with the gif.

Could anyone help me ?

Thanks,

Isao NASUNO