[mapserver-users] recommended tile caching mechanism with `mode=tile`

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at usace.army.mil
Sun Sep 18 10:41:11 EDT 2011

Mod_cache can cache images, but MapServer MapCache can respond to wms
requests, kml super overlay requests, wmts, gmap tile requests, bing map
tile requests, rebuild WMS images from tiles on the fly, etc. Its
incredibly powerful, easy to setup and configure and its fast. The seeding
utility is also very nice, allowing seeding inside an area from any OGR
dataset, multi threaded seeding, and an algorithm designed to be as high
performance as possible (it drills down in an area as it seeds to maximize
the caching of data in an area).

Mike

--
Michael Smith