[mapserver-users] pointObj->project behaviour differences from 4.10 to 5.6 versions

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Apr 23 14:03:20 EDT 2012

EPSG:32630 is UTM Zone 30N ...

http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/32630/

A UTM coordinate system is defined for a limited area, a UTM zone has a
width of 6 degrees of longitude, in this case

   EPSG:32630
   WGS 84 / UTM zone 30N
   WGS84 Bounds: -6.0000, 0.0000, 0.0000, 84.0000

It is very likely that you are getting random values from various PROJ
versions because your -116, -15 test coordinate is outside of the area
of validity of the EPSG:32630 coordinate system.

Daniel

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/