[mapserver-users] Mapserver MS4W PostGIS 2.0.0

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 16:46:26 EDT 2012

John,

I've just installed PostGIS 2.0.0 and I'm getting:

------------------------------------
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'ABC'.
msPostGISLayerWhichShapes(): Query error. Error executing query: ERROR:
function geomfromtext(unknown, integer) does not exist LINE 1: ...as
geom,"toid" from ABC where geom && GeomFromTe... ^ HINT: No function matches
the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type
casts.

>From what I can make out, it appears that "geomfromtext" has changed name in
PostGIS to "ST_GeomFromText". I think "geomfromtext" is hard codeed in
MapServer version 6.0.2 (MS4W 3.0.4).

Many thanks.

Regards,

Donald