[mapserver-users] R: Re: oraclespatial connection

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Aug 20 09:34:27 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have an old local 10g instance that I use for testing.  My LAYER contains:

    CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
    CONNECTION "jeff/marvin at geo"
    DATA "ORA_GEOMETRY FROM (SELECT ORA_GEOMETRY FROM PARK)"

I often do testing for layers through OGR first, using the ogrinfo
commandline utility, such as:

    ogrinfo OCI:jeff/marvin

    and

    ogrinfo OCI:jeff/marvin at geo PARK -summary

That way I can see the correct name of the geometry column, or extents, or
other details.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna