[mapserver-users] php_mapscript not being loaded

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at unep.org
Mon Jul 9 22:13:56 PDT 2012

>>> No need to set extension_dir, it defaults to the correct dir, which is not as you set it but includes the no-debug... subdir.

>>> graceful is all that's needed: sudo apachectl graceful, but it probably doesn't matter.

>> No, indeed, didn't matter. Still no mapserver/mapscript appearing in testphp.php. Had added "extension=php_mapscript.so" to php.ini before already.
>>
>> What can I do? Thanks for any hints, as I am really stuck!
>>

> Whenever I get this stuck with loading mapscript, I try to:
>
> - execute the php executable directly (php -i) and look for an error
> message, sometimes it is at the bottom of that generated page
> - check the Apache error logs (error.log)
>
> I have seen this problem when users grab PHP from one location, and then
> download PHP MapScript from another location - that will make your hair
> go grey.

Thanks for those hints. But unfortunately, nothing. I checked the Apache error log before, and there is nothing there. At least nothing I think is important. I guess the MaxClients thing is not causing my mapsever to not appear, no?

[Tue Jul 10 07:09:58 2012] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Tue Jul 10 07:09:59 2012] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
WARNING: MaxClients of 150 exceeds ServerLimit value of 133 servers,
 lowering MaxClients to 133.  To increase, please see the ServerLimit
 directive.
[Tue Jul 10 07:10:01 2012] [warn] mod_bonjour: Skipping user 'xxx' - no valid index file.
[Tue Jul 10 07:10:01 2012] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Tue Jul 10 07:10:01 2012] [notice] Digest: done
[Tue Jul 10 07:10:01 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 configured -- resuming normal operations

And the php -i it spitting out a long list, but no errors.

I have actually all PHP, GD, …, Mapserver from Kyngchaos. So, one single source. But strange enough, every computer seems different, and I ran into a couple of challenges.