[mapserver-users] MapServer and PHP

Henrique Rennó henrique.renno at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 04:28:56 PDT 2012

2012/7/30 Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk>

> Henrique Rennó wrote:
>
>> I tried to find a solution to my problem using google but with no
>> success. I'm
>> using WinXP and just installed ms4w from the zip file. After executing
>> apache-install.bat, the localhost showed me the mapserver webpage as it
>> should.
>> I also loaded a shapefile using mapserv.exe after configuring a map file.
>> Now I
>> want to load the shapefile using mapscript, but it seems that apache has a
>> problem with php as I wrote a simple php file to show phpinfo and it just
>> shows
>> the file content, that is, apache didn't use the php-cgi.exe script to
>> understand php files. The mime section contains AddType and Action set to
>> .php
>> and /cgi-bin/php-cgi.exe. What could be the problem?
>>

> What is ScriptAlias set to?
> Using php as CGI usually means that it's pointing to the PHP directory,
> which is where php-cgi.exe is located, but I'm fairly sure mapserver uses
> the conventional location for cgi-bin ... in the apache directory
>
> I've been doing my own installations of Apache/PHP/Firebird/Mapserver, so
> haven't checked out the 'default' recently ...

Thanks for your reply. The ScriptAlias seems to be right: ScriptAlias
/cgi-bin/ "/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/"
I never used or configured Apache and PHP, so I'm a little lost, but the
website said ms4w would have everything properly configured, so I didn't
bother with these. Do you think the only solution would be to configure
manually both Apache and PHP?

> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL
> Contact - http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=**contact<http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact>