[mapserver-users] GRID - how to display labels not in degrees

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jun 20 11:41:46 PDT 2012

On 12-06-20 2:30 PM, Alexandre Dube wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Using the [GRID] object, I'm able to do a GetMap request using
> &SRS=EPSG:900913 to display a the grid correctly reprojected, but the
> coordinates displayed (labels) are in degrees.  When switching the layer
> PROJECTION from 4326 to 900913, the request throws a 504 error.
>
>   How can I display them in 900913 ?
>
>   See the attached image and layer definition.  I'm using MapServer 6.0.1.

Hello Alexandre,

If I was in this situation I would:

- try to duplicate it with an easy shp2img command (I can locally, using
gmap75 mapfile and setting the projection of the grid layer to 3978
instead of 4326)
- then, once you get that crash with that easy command (yup I get the
crash with MS 6.0.3), I would start to comment all those parameters in
your actual GRID object
- for me, I found that once I commented the M*INTERVAL parameters I was
able to get a valid map image with grid lines nicely labelled in meters

I think there is a ticket/issue here so I think it would be nice to
package a little test case that throws this crash.

Happy first day of summer!  (or the best 5-à-7 day of the year!)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/