[mapserver-users] ubuntu freetype install problem

Tim Banchi tim.banchi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 01:32:56 PDT 2012

Hello Vince,

on ubuntu I had to make two symlinks so the GD libraries are found:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgd.a /usr/local/lib/libgd.a
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgd.so /usr/local/lib/libgd.so

for 64bit you have to use the following path (I think I didn't try it on a
64bit machine)
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

AFAIK this solved the freetype issue when compiling mapserver on my ubuntu
machine. (I still have troubles compiling the cscharp module as posted
previously on this mailing list).