[mapserver-users] mapcache: How can I configure an attributionlayer with mapcache?

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Wed Feb 20 05:44:52 PST 2013

Tiles are basically independent images until the client assembles them. You either need to do something to each tile or something using the client. You never know which tile will be in the lower left corner of the display.

The only other option I can think of is somehow exploiting the meta-tiling process (assuming you're using that). Recall that meta-tiling creates a much larger image (to minimize edge effects) and creates the tiles from that. You could, I think, annotate just the corner of the meta-tile. That would give you sparser attribution, but that may not be what you're looking for nor does that guarantee where the attribution will be located.

Another option would be to not worry about attribution on the tiles (they're not the easiest to use) but have a "download map" link that creates a non-tiled image and annotate that.

Steve