[mapserver-users] Displaying overlapping linestrings

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Thu Jan 24 08:13:49 PST 2013

Does anyone know a trick to do this:

I'm making geographical indexes for the map series in our map library.
Each map sheets is displayed as a polygonal linestring, based on its
corner coordinates. Lots of sheets have exactly the same boundaries, so
it's not clear where a polygon indicates just one map sheet of several.
It's easy, of course, to write a PostGIS query to return a different
color code when map boundaries exactly coincide, but I was wondering
whether something like that could be done by mapserver on its own, like
XOR-ing a line with what is already there. Any ideas?

Jan