[mapserver-users] New to Mapserver

Rolling Leaf Support support at rollingleaf.com
Thu Jul 31 13:25:06 PDT 2014

Thanks for the quick responses! I had read through the tutorial before when
I was trying to initially get Mapserver up and running but I will go
through it much greater detail now that I have a better understanding of
Mapserver as a whole.

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
> wrote:

> On 2014-07-31 5:18 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> Regarding the msLoadMap error, I would:
>>
>> - try to make sure you can generate a valid map image from your mapfile
>> using the shp2img commandline tool (included in MS4W)
>>
>> - then once you have a map image, then try to call mapserv.exe in a
>> browser with &MODE=browse&TEMPLATE=openlayers
>>

> You'll also need the &MAP= parameter also, that is the path to your
> mapfile.  But as Steve said, maybe better to start with the tutorial :)
>

>> - then if no errors you can configure your mapfile to serve WMS and
>> execute a GetCapabilities request in a browser.
>>
>> -jeff
>>

> -jeff
>

> --
> Jeff McKenna
> MapServer Consulting and Training Services
> http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Rolling Leaf Support
Rolling Leaf Inc.
[E] : support at rollingleaf.com <jochs at rollingleaf.com>