[mapserver-users] htdocs settings and mapfile status

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Tue Jun 24 07:23:20 PDT 2014

Hi list.  I have two questions that are confusing me a little bit.
First of all I am keeping all my HTML template files /usr/local/apache2/htdocs.  This folder has read-only permission settings by default so every time I want to edit/create a template I use nano or pico through terminal with root privileges. So, would it be wise (would it be secure?) to make htdocs folder have read/write permission and if not what other way is there so I can edit/make template files easily?

Another question is that when I make my mapfile and set STATUS to default everything works fine. But when it's set to on I get a blank page (needless to mention about STATUS off). That's not normal right?